When is Engagement Season?
Engagement season is the period of the year around the holiday season and earlier months when a when a whole lot of couples become engaged; Engagement season often begins around Thanksgiving in the United States and continues through Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Valentine's Day.
Love is certainly in the air around this time. The reasons reasons for this seasonal trend include the festive and romantic atmosphere of the holidays, the opportunity for couples to spend time together and with their families, and the symbolism of starting a new chapter in the context of a new year.
As VOGUE Australia put it: “The term 'engagement season' has been coined in the US (of course) to mark the period when there is an increased spike in the number of engagements. This occurs from Thanksgiving in late November up till February. Yes, there are people who get engaged on Valentine's Day.”
So without further ado, here are 7 fun facts about Engagement Season to get you get you ready for the season.
7 Facts About Engagement Season
- Nearly 40% of engagements happen from the end of November, through the end of February.
- According to statistic, December is the most popular month for an engagement with a proposal rate of 19%.
- 40% of couples choose their ring together.
- Average Time Spent Looking for Ring: 3.5 Months.
- Average Time Spent Planning a Proposal: 4.4 Months.
- Average Number of Rings Looked at Before Purchase: 26.
- The majority of grooms (72%) report facing some challenges throughout the engagement ring purchasing journey, most notably not knowing if they were getting a good deal (35%) and not having a firm knowledge about diamond terminology (28%).
And as a bonus fact, National Jeweler and The Knot Wedding Survey found that the most important aspect of an engagement ring that engagement ring shoppers care about is the setting and style of the ring, rather than the center diamond.
At TACORI, we’re surprised, but not surprised, that customers care about their engagement ring style more than the price, and more than the size of the diamond – after all, the difference is in the details!
To help couples navigate engagement season (for any reason!), we see ourselves as Trusted Advisors for TACORI couples looking for the special engagement rings. So we put together some helpful engagement ring buying. resources:
- The Gents' Guide to Choosing an Engagement Ring
- What's the Best Precious Metal For an Engagement Ring?
- What Are the Most Popular Engagement Ring Styles?
- How To Buy a Diamond - a Guide to the 4Cs of Diamonds
- Simple Yet Striking Engagement Rings
- Why Choose a Classic Engagement Ring Setting?
- How To Bloom Your Engagement Ring
- Delicate and Thin Band Engagement Rings
- How To Choose a Pave Engagement Ring
- Best Solitaire Engagement Rings